Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 25

Thread: any kind of Justin Hamilton news?

  1. #1
    Inactive Member starbuck's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 20th, 2004
    Posts
    5,852
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    any kind of Justin Hamilton news?

    ????
    [IMG]http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51%2BfhmkstgL._SS500_.jpg[/IMG] [URL="http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51%2BfhmkstgL._SS500_.jpg"] [/URL]

  2. #2
    Inactive Member steer's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 3rd, 2002
    Location
    Bristol, Virginia, United States
    Posts
    3,872
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: any kind of Justin Hamilton news?

    I'm pretty sure his career is going to be over. I haven't heard anything, but last I knew is that he was a free agent. I'm guessing if he does sign with someone, it wont be for long, and he'll probably get shipped to the World League or Canadian League.

  3. #3
    Inactive Member SWVA-Football's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 20th, 2005
    Posts
    4,965
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: any kind of Justin Hamilton news?

    Wow, that sucks.

    Oh well, at least he's been much more fortunate than most from this area.
    Officially retired

  4. #4
    Inactive Member 1inStripes's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 25th, 2002
    Posts
    12,052
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: any kind of Justin Hamilton news?

    I believe he signed with KC after the end of last season. I may be mistaken but Im pretty sure he went out there a couple of times as soon as the season was over.
    "Call me crazy, but I want to buy the Dallas Cowboys end zone and have the star right at the foot of my bed. That way when I score, I can spike the ball right on the star!" -Woody Paige, Around the Horn 10.9.08

  5. #5
    Inactive Member CoeburnCane's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 24th, 2004
    Posts
    4,931
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: any kind of Justin Hamilton news?

    According to what I heard today, Justin was told by his agents to sign the DL waiver papers with Cleveland, and that they would be free from any liability--and that the agent was going to get him on with someone else (KC). Justin was rehabbing, playing the waiting game, and the agents couldn't come to an agreement with KC on two different occasions in the fall. Personally, I thought his best shot at getting a gig would be to work out at the VT Pro Day, maybe catch someone's eye in front of some scouts--but his agents told him that he should stay away--and that they were still trying to broker some deals for him.

    ...and I was told today that he was told by his agents that he needed to go up to the CFL. So, without saying anything--I think his agents have basically said "we dropped the ball, couldn't make you a deal, go to Canada".
    [U][COLOR=#22229c][IMG]http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b242/btketron/miami-med.gif[/IMG][IMG]http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b242/btketron/nohokie-med.gif[/IMG][/COLOR][/U]
    [U][COLOR=#22229c][IMG]http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b242/btketron/Funny/owmyballs.gif[/IMG][/COLOR][/U]

  6. #6
    Inactive Member steer's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 3rd, 2002
    Location
    Bristol, Virginia, United States
    Posts
    3,872
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: any kind of Justin Hamilton news?

    I'm not meaning this bad at all, I wish the guy the best. However, I dont think his agents would've dropped the ball. He just didn't show much promise in college, and nothing special in the games he got play in the NFL. They couldn't make deals, because teams were probably wanting to pay him what he's actually worth, and that would be base salary. CFL or world league would be his best bet at getting more experience to come back. Heck, he could always go to Arena League, that's getting mroe and more popular.

  7. #7
    Inactive Member 1inStripes's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 25th, 2002
    Posts
    12,052
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: any kind of Justin Hamilton news?

    What World League?
    "Call me crazy, but I want to buy the Dallas Cowboys end zone and have the star right at the foot of my bed. That way when I score, I can spike the ball right on the star!" -Woody Paige, Around the Horn 10.9.08

  8. #8
    Inactive Member steer's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 3rd, 2002
    Location
    Bristol, Virginia, United States
    Posts
    3,872
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: any kind of Justin Hamilton news?

    It was known as World League, then NFL Europe, and finally as NFL Europa... however, I did not realize they ceases operations in 2007.

    Former Clinch Valley College (UVaWise) standout at Tightend, Shon Bell played for the Scotland Claymores back in the day.

    but June 29, 2007, they ceased operations of this league.

    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/World_L...rican_Football

  9. #9
    HB Forum Owner R0cketer's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 16th, 2002
    Posts
    7,632
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: any kind of Justin Hamilton news?

    Justin did pretty well when he was in there for the Browns, he was a very well though of member by the Browns fans (and lord knows we know that the message board/call in show fans are among the most difficult to please). I haven't heard anything in awhile myself. Hopefully he'll get another shot with someone. If for nothing else, a high character person deserves it, compared to some of the ones who keep hanging around. What hurt Justin was being active for as many games as he was his rookie year. He was ineligible for the practice squad, and his experience at safety was still limited. It probably would have been a best case scenario if he had managed to be on the practice squad the first year.

    Still hope something works out in the future for him.
    What we've got here is failure to communicate. Some men you just can't reach, so you get what we had here last week which is the way he wants it. Well, he gets it.

  10. #10
    Inactive Member 1inStripes's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 25th, 2002
    Posts
    12,052
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: any kind of Justin Hamilton news?

    Thats why I brought it up VoD. I knew they had shut it down, and I thoght maybe you was talking about another new league. The AFL may even be a great place for him if he cannot land an NFL job soon.
    "Call me crazy, but I want to buy the Dallas Cowboys end zone and have the star right at the foot of my bed. That way when I score, I can spike the ball right on the star!" -Woody Paige, Around the Horn 10.9.08

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •